The Energy for Growth Hub reaches a variety of niche audiences such as government officials, investors, businesses, and civil society in the U.S. and abroad to advance our mission of building a high energy low carbon future for everyone. We aim to grow our communications capabilities, develop a new website, and launch the next season of our podcast.
We are seeking a full-time Coordinator to join our team to help design and execute communications and media outreach. Applicants will primarily work on publicly elevating our work on global development, energy and climate policy, and will produce our podcast, oversee video projects and manage our website. We encourage everyone on the team to develop their own areas of expertise, so this position has substantial potential to grow.
Level: This position can be shaped to suit different levels of experience; we welcome mid-level applicants with communications experience and will also consider entry-level for a strong candidate.
Location: Hybrid remote/in-person based in Washington DC, but will consider strong remote applicants.
Start date: January 2023; will consider May 2023.
- Help craft and execute communications strategies for all our products and initiatives, ranging from short memos with niche audiences to flagship projects with a wide audience.
- Produce our podcast, High Energy Planet. This will include helping set strategic direction for the episodes; scheduling guests; preparing the hosts for interviews; coordinating edits and episode production with the engineers; and promoting the podcast on the Hub’s communications channels.
- Conduct outreach for podcast guest placement for Hub senior leadership.
- Manage content and engagement on our social media accounts.
- Manage outreach and engagement with journalists, which will include regularly pitching op-eds and other products.
- Manage our Coffee Break Briefing webinar series, including scheduling guests, running events, and publishing them on the Hub website.
- Manage the design and content of our newsletter.
- Edit reports, memos, and blog posts.
- Suggest imagery and messaging to help promote products and increase audience engagement.
- Contribute to other communications-related tasks as needed, such as editing, website design and management.
- Help to lead and manage expanded use of videos.
- Lead and/or contribute to other special projects.
- Will have the opportunity to develop areas of expertise and writing on areas of interest.
Qualifications, must have:
- Passion for our mission.
- Concise writing, including the ability to write or edit complex material clearly and compellingly for non-experts.
- Familiarity with social, digital, and traditional media platforms.
- Ability to work independently and on a team.
- Relevant degree and experience.
- Instincts of a creative problem solver.
- Sense of humor!
Preferred experience, but not required:
- WordPress website maintenance and CMS.
- Podcast production.
- Institutional social media management.
- Previous experience at a related organization.
To apply: Email email@example.com with “Comms” in the subject line.
Please send a resume, a short cover letter, a brief writing sample (not to exceed 3 pages), and (if applicable, not required) relevant audio/digital samples or links to any professional (not personal) social media accounts you have managed.