The Energy for Growth Hub is seeking an Associate to join our team to help design and execute communications and messaging for Hub research products and initiatives and produce the Hub’s podcast, High Energy Planet. The Hub aims to effectively communicate its mission and work to audiences such as government officials, investors, businesses, and civil society in the U.S. and abroad.
- Help craft and execute communications strategies for Hub products and initiatives, ranging from one-off memos with niche audiences to flagship projects with a wide audience.
- Produce the Hub’s podcast, High Energy Planet, alongside the executive producer. This will include scheduling guests; preparing the hosts for interviews; editing and publishing each episode; and promoting the podcast on the Hub’s communications channels.
- Manage content and engagement on the Hub’s social media accounts.
- Manage the Hub’s outreach and engagement with journalists, which will include regularly pitching op-eds and other products.
- Manage the Hub’s Coffee Break Briefing event series, including scheduling guests, running the events, and publishing them on the Hub website.
- Manage the design and content of the Hub’s newsletter.
- Contribute to other communications-related tasks as needed, such as website design and management.
Qualifications, must have:
- Passion for ending energy poverty
- Excellent writing and communications skills, including the ability to communicate complex material clearly and compellingly to non-experts
- Familiarity with social, digital, and traditional media platforms
- Some experience with podcasts is a plus, but not required.
- Ability to work independently and on a team
- Instincts of a creative problem solver
- Sense of humor!
- Relevant degree
- Experience with a related organization is a strong plus
Location: Remote or Washington DC
Hours: Could be structured as full- or part-time
To apply: email email@example.com with “Associate/Producer” in the subject line. Please send CV, extremely short cover note, and a brief writing sample.