The Energy for Growth Hub is seeking a Project Director/Senior Associate to join our team to help establish and manage a new global campaign to promote transparency of electricity contracts. The initiative aims to help establish new disclosure norms, support international standard-setters, and provide relevant information to local civil society. The initiative will be of interest to government officials seeking to build new cost-effective clean energy systems, public and private investors in infrastructure, climate finance advocates aiming for rapid scale-up of renewable energy, businesses hoping for low-cost reliable power, transparency advocates, anti-corruption campaigners, and citizen advocacy groups.
- Help to craft and lead a niche and multi-dimensional advocacy campaign
- Analyze technical, legal, financial, and policy issues associated with contract transparency and power sector development
- Manage outreach and engagement for the campaign, which may include writing blogs, short memos, case studies, and newsletters; and speaking publicly and privately with diverse audiences
- Initiate and maintain regular interaction with senior government officials, MDB officials, funders, business leaders, and civil society advocacy groups to build alliances, educate them on the issue, and garner support
- Manage a remote network of consultants and data collectors
- Build and manage a dedicated website, along with a database of power contracts
- Contribute toward other data and research projects at the Hub
Qualifications, must have:
- Passion for ending energy poverty
- Instincts of a creative problem solver
- Excellent writing and communications skills, including the ability to communicate complex material clearly and compellingly to non-experts
- Ability to work independently and on a team
- Sense of humor!
- Familiarity with public policy, legal contracts, investment policy, and electricity systems
- Relevant advanced degree
- Experience with a related transparency advocacy campaign or organization is a strong plus
Location: Remote or Washington DC
Hours: Could be structured as full- or part-time
To apply: Email a CV and short writing sample to email@example.com with “PPA Watch project director” in the subject line.