The Energy for Growth Hub is seeking an associate to join our team working on international energy and development policy, including a special project to promote transparency of electricity contracts. The position can be structured as a more junior position for recent graduates or more senior for those with 5+ years of professional experience.
- Coordinating a campaign on contract disclosure, working closely with other team members, affiliated fellows, and external partners
- Researching global energy issues and policies
- Contributing to the creation of multimedia content and building a microsite
- Drafting and editing papers, blogs, memos, and grant reports
- Synthesizing and presenting data in multiple formats (e.g., slide decks, graphics, and short memos)
- Liaising with external partners around the US and abroad
- Adapting and targeting communications for diverse audiences, including non-subject matter experts
- Managing the logistics of a public-facing campaign, including coordinating the input of multiple technical advisors
- Other tasks and responsibilities that arise for a small start-up nonprofit
- BA or graduate degree in a relevant field
- Experience in transparency advocacy (e.g., NRGI, PWYP, OGP, EITI, etc) a major plus
- The most important skills are clear concise writing and being hyper-organized
- Must be able to work both on a small team and independently
- A demonstrated passion for energy and international development
- Sense of humor!
Location: Washington DC or remote
To apply: Send CV, extremely short cover note, and brief writing sample to info<at>energyforgrowth.org with “Associate” in the subject line.